1. 2014 Academy Award® Nominated Short Films - Head to the Detroit Film Theatre to catch the Oscar nominated shorts—both animated and live-action—in one sitting. January 31—February 2.
2. Palmer Park WinterFest - Bundle up for family fun at one of Detroit's historic neighborhoods. Activities include a doggie fashion parade, horse and carriage rides, skiing, snow shoeing and ice skating. February 2nd.
3. Black Comic Book Day - The Detroit Public Library plays local host to this national annual event with 20 vendors, all from the Michigan area. February 1st.
4. Shiver on the River - Belle Isle is the place to be on Saturday! The Belle Isle Aquarium, Belle Isle Conservatory, Belle Isle Nature Zoo, Belle Isle Boat Club, Coast Guard Station and Dossin Museum will be open from 10 am to 3 pm. February 1st.
5. Ann Arbor Folk Festival - This fundraiser for The Ark features both well-known and up-and-coming artists. Actor and musician Jeff Daniels is scheduled to take the stage on Saturday. January 31—February 1.
Bonus: Ferndale Blues Festival
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!