1. Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix - Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! Racing returns to Detroit with a weekend filled with races including the IndyCar Series. Live music follows the racing each day—Lifehouse and Shaggy headline—and Friday is free day. May 30—June 1.
2. Downtown Hoedown - Grab your cowboy hat and put on your boots! One of the largest country music festivals invades Detroit this weekend with performances by Dierks Bentley, Big & Rich and many others. May 30—June 1.
3. Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion, Power - This interactive exhibit direct from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame features Madonna, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin and many more. Through August 17th.
4. Ask the Expert: Batman Through the Ages - Head to the Michigan Science Center to hear how Batman chose to be a hero, the science behind the gadgets and create your own superhero mask. May 31st.
5. 1st Sunday Creamery Tour - Stop in at Zingerman's Creamery and find out how they transform local milk into cheese and gelato. June 1st.
Bonus: Ferndale Pride
Double Bonus: Detroit Critical Mass
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!