1. Super Duper Alice Cooper - Duck into Cinema Detroit for a cross between documentary and rock opera on the Godfather of Shock Rock. May 8th.
2. Craft Beer Expo - The Royal Oak Farmer's Market is the place to be for craft beer this weekend with some of the best breweries from Michigan and across the country represented. May 9th.
3. Art Birmingham - Formerly known as the Birmingham Fine Art Festival, this juried art fair features over 150 artists. May 10—11.
4. Cycle Into Spring - Hop on two wheels and enjoy a leisurely ride from the Detroit River to Eight Mile and back along the Conner Creek Greenway. Day-of ride registration available. May 10th.
5. Astronomy Day - Explore the sky at the Michigan Science Center with hands-on activities, outdoor viewing and dry ice comets. May 10th.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!