1. Metro Times BlowOut - Now in its 17th year, this is one of the best weekends of the year for music lovers. Tons of bands will be playing some of the best venues in Detroit, Hamtramck and Ferndale. April 30—May 3.
2. Penguicon - Are you a hacker, maker, foodie, open source software junky, anime buff or science fiction fan? Then this is where you should be this weekend. May 2—May 4.
3. Palmer Park Art Fair - After 30 years, the Palmer Park Art Fair is back and reinvented! Enjoy art, a martini bar, local food trucks and wooded trails. May 3—4.
4. Detroit Rummage Sale - From vintage collectibles to everyday needs, this indoor sale will be held at the Tangent Gallery. May 4th.
5. Next Step SOUP - This version of SOUP will benefit a past winner so they can build an ever bigger dream! Bring a dish to pass as they are moving to a potluck-style dinner. May 4th.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!