1. Detroit Caribbean Cultural Festival - Ketch di feva! New Center Park will be filled with the sounds and flavor of the Caribbean this weekend. August 9—11.
2. Ribs and R & B Music Festival - Hart Plaza and the Riverfront play host to this celebration of food and music. August 9—11.
3. Sweetest Heart of Mary Pierogi Festival - The 31st annual fest in Eastern Market features Polish food including Pierogi (obviously), City Chicken, golabki, and potato pancakes. Entertainment, games, and family fun. August 10—11.
4. Explore Detroit - The Dhive and the Google Field Trip app join forces to bring you a free walking tour, scavenger hunt and open house. August 10th.
5. Green Cruise - Keep yourself and the planet healthy at this celebration of human-powered transit. Be sure to stop by the Shinola tent to meet their bike team and taste Shinola Cola. August 10th.
Double Bonus: Detroit Improv Festival
Triple Bonus: Salvation Army Vintage Event
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!