It’s happening folks, all the holiday events are beginning to roll in. The Christmas tree in Campus Martius will be lit up this weekend and the skating rink is already open.
Get out there and enjoy all the fun things to do in Detroit!
1. 2012 Detroit Tree Lighting Ceremony - Detroit's tree—a 55-foot Norway Spruce—will be lit up with over 19,000 LED lights. Plus live entertainment and a Skating Spectacular. November 16th.
2. Christmas Wonderfest - Modeled on European Christmas markets, this fest features over 60 Michigan artists, food and the Holiday Cheer Garden (with craft beer, holiday wines and more). November 16—18 & 22—25.
3. British Television Advertising Awards - Head to the Detroit Film Theatre for some of the most entertaining and creative commercials from our friends across the pond. November 16—18.
4. Holiday DLight Made in Detroit (Facebook link) - Get your shopping on with pop-up shops, the Somerset Collection CityLoft and Santa's Wonderland (which is for kids only). Now through December 22nd.
5. LEGO Architecture: Towering Ambition - A LEGO® Certified Professional (who knew those existed?) has re-created 13 famous structures including Fallingwater, the John Hancock Center and the Empire State Building. Now through February 24, 2013.
Bonus: Detroit Derby Girls
Double Awesome Bonus: The Carhartt Skillshare Workshop
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!