I know, it’s cold outside and I want to hibernate too. I must have been a bear in a former life. But there is so much to do in Detroit! Get out there and enjoy the city. And, if you really want to stay warm, you can do that AND get downtown.
1. Friday Night Live! at the DIA - Live music from The Juliets, a five-piece pop band from Ypsilanti. Also, guided tours, a workshop to make artist trading cards, and more. January 7th.
2. A Day in the Warsaw Ghetto: A Birthday Trip in Hell - This travelling exhibit features 85 photographs that Jost took illegaly in the Warsaw Ghetto on his birthday in 1941. Through March 13th.
3. Wild Winter Inuit Adventure at the Detroit Zoo - Delve into the Inuit culture and traditions. Zookeeper talks, ice carvings demonstrations, and more. January 8-9.
4. Winter Beer Tasting - If you love craft beer, you're not going to want to miss the chance to taste over 20 seasonal and limited release beers. Plus free pool! January 8th.
5. jessica Care moore - The poet and performance artists presents NANOC: I Sing the Body Electric at the Dell Pryor Gallery. Opening reception: January 7th. Exhibit runs through January 15th.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!