My husband and I really enjoyed our sneak peek of the Maker Faire yesterday. The highlight for my husband, though, was being able to go behind the scenes in the Restoration Room at The Henry Ford.
Being a carpenter, he was like a kid in a candy store. Small moments like that make this blogging thing pretty cool.
1. Maker Faire Detroit - The Henry Ford hosts this festival of makers, new ideas, and cool projects that will inspire everyone to play. Check out my previous post for more on the Maker Faire and a sneak peek. July 31st & August 1st.
2. Rockin' on the Riverfront - Blue Oyster Cult is playing a free concert on the Riverfront starting at 8:00 p.m. July 30th.
3. Great Lakes Bat Festival - The festival features live bat programs, live nocturnal animal exhibit, educational exhibits, bat-themed activities for kids, story time, and presentations by bat experts. July 30-31.
4. Midwest Motorcycle Fest - This celebration of the open road will feature entertainment, custom and sport bike shows, riding skill displays, and fun-filled activities for everyone. Mini Kiss, a Kiss tribute band made up of midgets, will perform. July 29-August 1st.
5. Novi Palooza - Bands, beer, and BBQ are the stars of this event which also features a Vegas tent, inflatables, fireworks, and a car show. July 30-August 1st.
6. Ferndale Pub Crawl - It's time to head to the Dale to enjoy a walking tour of Ferndale's pubs & clubs. July 30th.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!