Hello summer! I mean real “official” summer, not those weird Michigan days where it’s 80 degrees in March. Yeah, that happened this year.
So, let’s kick this summer off with a bang. The Detroit fireworks, officially known as the 54th Annual Target Fireworks, are this Monday, June 25th. Heading downtown? Don’t forget to check parking and street closure information before you go.
Get out there and enjoy all the cool things to do in Detroit!
1. 4th Fridays at Campus Martius - This popular summer series kicks off with the fabulous Jessica Care Moore performing in the evening. Live music & events starting at noon. June 22.
2. 2012 Detroit River Days Festival - Head down to the Riverfront for three days of live concerts, tall ships, family-friendly events, sand sculptures and more. June 22—24.
3. Tec-Troit (Facebook link) - Harmonie Park is home to this FREE 3-day electronic music festival. They will also be collecting canned and non-perishable food for local families in need. June 22—24.
4. Belle Isle Public Art Exhibit (Facebook link) - Our beautiful island park will be filled with art, nestled against nature to encourage viewers to explore different areas. June 23—29
5. Summer Beer Fest - This benefit for local kids with cancer returns to the Royal Oak Farmer's Market and features almost 100 different beers, food and music. June 23rd.
Double Bonus: Log Cabin Day
Triple Bonus: Michigan Challenge Balloonfest
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!