Fall back! I know it's already getting dark at a stupid early hour but don't forget to set your clocks back this weekend. This means an extra hour of sleep, right? Right?
Check out all the fabulous things to do in Detroit this weekend and spend your extra hour wisely!
1. Youmacon 2011 - Metro Detroit's only anime convention takes over the Renaissance Center this weekend. Meet anime voice actors, all-night gaming and video programing, shopping and original events. November 3—6.
2. Holiday Market at the Art Effect Gallery - Kick off the holiday shopping season in a gallery setting in Eastern Market. Find eclectic items including fine art, high fashion and handmade crafts. Preview party: November 4th. Holiday Market November 5—December 17.
3. Harbinger: Shifting Culture and New Art from Detroit (Facebook link) - A multi-platform collaboration highlighting 6 Detroit-based artists. November 4—27.
4. From Here to Eternity - See this classic—starring Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed and Frank Sinatra—on the big screen. Each showing at the Redford includes a pipe organ mini-concert and they have real butter for your popcorn. November 4—5.
5. How animals prepare for winter - Your preschoolers will learn about nature and which animals stay active, go to sleep and fly away during the winter. November 6th.
Do you know of a great event going on in Metro Detroit this weekend? Add it to the comments and share it with us!